During our camps Rebecca will be on tap to help you achieve your goals by offering:
- Easy to apply nutrition advice to suit your individual requirements what ever distance/level of your running/running goals
- The opportunity to have a body composition assessment, giving you a bench mark of your current health and fitness status
- On hand practical information whilst running the trails
- Plenty of time for informal discussion, questions, one:one advice during the week
- Take home resources including shopping lists, menu plans, personalised nutrition goals
Rebecca will not be making a note of what people choose to eat and drink, she is there as a resource to ask questions and gain a better understanding of healthy eating and nutrition for running. All meals provided on the camp are both nutritious and delicious and will provide the energy and nutrients you need to fuel your running for the week. Rebecca has overseen the menus provided by Chris at Runners Refuge and of course this is a holiday so puddings, wine and beer are served with the evening meal!
At the end of the summer Rebecca will be taking part in the Gore Tex Trans Alpine Race. Her plight is to ‘walk the talk’ gaining even more understanding about nutrition demands of endurance sports, to then be able to provide even better practical advice to runners for 2016!
Rebecca will be running the event as a female pair and will mainly educate/tweet/blog on nutrition requirements for women in adventure sports. However most of the information will be relevant to both sexes. Some key topics Rebecca will be covering are increased iron requirements for endurance sports, micronutrients, body composition (lighter is not necessarily better!), meeting energy demands in relation to; menstrual function, reproductive health and bone health. In addition, carbohydrate and fat as fuel sources, training nutrition, race strategies and the all essential nutrition for recovery. You can follow her twitter here or read her blogs here.
We wish Rebecca well on her quest and look forward to seeing her in June for our first 2015 camp.
***This trip is guaranteed with places available***.
Rebecca Dent RD, BSc, MSc, IOC Dip
Performance & Vitality Nutrition